Highmark Health Team Manager in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
** Due to Department of Defense (DOD) contract requirements, the incumbent who fills this position must be a US citizen, and must also pass a background check.
I. GENERAL OVERVIEW:
Manages ODBS personnel. Decisions on personnel actions (promotions, hiring, terminations, etc.) Develops talent, addresses resource management, cultivates capabilities of staff, works with Tech Leads in planning and coordination of work, and managing performance. Responsible to provide people resources to project management efforts Specific duties will include ensuring personnel who report to them, gain and use specialized knowledge and expertise to implement, maintain, monitor, and ensure performance of databases. Plans and implements upgrades or installation of new components, if required and trains others on how to do these tasks.
II. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Staff Management accountabilities to include but not limited to:
• Developing and providing input to skills assessment and oversee personal development plans as it relates to career development.
• Coaching, managing and developing employees by establishing clear goals, expectations, and strategies for employee performance.
• Develop and administer performance reviews with measurable goals.
• Provide opportunities for staff to maintain current industry knowledge.
• Provide opportunities for employees to build collaborative relationships with customers.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization by:
• Managing customer and expectations; facilitating, planning and meetings; translating customer expectations for staff and peers; representing Highmark with outside entities by working through the department manager.
• Preparing written procedures, policies, reports and correspondence; collaborating and negotiating with departments corporate wide when required.
• Collaborating with company customers, staff, IT colleagues, and other stakeholders in identifying customer requirements, assessing impacts to other areas, considering available options, comparing costs and benefits, and recommending solutions.
- Create, develop, and review the physical model created from the logical model, ensuring that the detailed physical design of data structures and databases complies with standards, guidelines and procedures recommended for all aspects of data modeling, database design, and maintenance.
Provide support for application staff and business areas regarding database implementations, which could include a customized in-house database and/or a third party application package.
Establish automated monitor mechanism for space and database availability conditions. Establish best practices for database and application high availability through the use of third party technologies and through the exploitation of various database features.
Train others on all the skills above.
Provide applications support for staff, as well as, outside division to answer questions and resolve problems related to the DBMS technology and computing platform such as Z/OS, UNIX, Linux, and Windows. Conduct root cause analysis to identify and resolve problems impacting application and/or database availability and service levels. Contact vendor support when necessary to facilitate application development and client problem resolution with optimum speed and efficiency.
Provide after hours and weekend support as required for on call responsibilities, database refreshes, testing, technology upgrades, and other off hour assignments.
Participate in establishing and maintaining technical standards, departmental procedures, and other technical documentation as required. Assure compliance to required Corporate standards, procedures, guidelines and processes, including audits.
Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree 5 years’ experience
• Master’s Degreewith 7 years' experience
• Licenses or Certifications: Vendor DBA Certifications for the relevant DBMS
• Work Experience: Health insurance business knowledge.
• 1 year experience in leading and managing teams.
•Working knowledge of database technologies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity