Highmark Health Associate Consultant - Technical Writer in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Writes, formats, and maintains Administrative Policy and Procedure (instruction) manuals, how-to guides, quick reference guides, help files, and FAQs. This type of work requires professional level knowledge of the relevant existing system processes and procedures, a methodical nature, clear and detailed writing, and consultation with various Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), through e-mail, meetings, or teleconferences.
Must acquire a detailed knowledge and understanding of new processes and procedures as they are proposed and developed for application to end users. This requires working with analysts and developers of processes and systems and the end users of processes and systems.
The purposes of this position are:
1) to teach someone how to use a specific product or service
2) to describe the policies/procedures that are implemented by Highmark and applied to specific area.
Essential Job Functions:
Writes, formats and maintains manuals that describe specific policies and procedures applied to the end
Policies and procedures are 75% moderately complex - existing policy and procedure updates; 25% extremely complex - new policy and procedure development. At Sr Level: Policies and procedures are 25% moderately complex – existing policy and procedure updates; 75% extremely complex - new policy and procedure development.
Produces content for online step-by-step tutorials/training modules with illustrative graphics and images to aid the reader, using software tools that include but are not limited to; PowerPoint and PointCaste.
Produces content for web-based training and other forms of training materials that support new program initiatives during their implementation phase and when changes are made to current programs and initiatives.
Researches inquiries and makes provider policy interpretations and/or recommendations to management.
Writes, formats, and maintains how-to guides, quick reference guides, help files, and FAQs.
Other duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• Generally possesses 5 or more years of related, progressive experience in technical writing.
• Knowledge of PC tools such as MS Office Suite
• 5 or more years of related, progressive experience in technical writing. B.A. in Technical Writing or related communications field.
• 4 years’ experience in a healthcare environment with specific emphasis on insurance and managed care programs, including at least 2 years in writing about such programs.
• Certification in Information Mapping or structured writing, Information Mapping or Project Management preferred
• Ability to prioritize and work under time constraints and meet project deadlines
• Excellent communication skills, curiosity and attention to detail are highly desired
Referral level payout 4
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity