Highmark Health Sales Executive II-Richmond, VA Territory in Glen Allen, Virginia
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for selling UCD dental insurance products in an assigned geographic area to medium and large sized groups. The incumbent is responsible for meeting/exceeding sales and profitability goals.
This is a mid-level sales position requiring the incumbent to focus on sales of moderate complexity.
• A high school diploma or equivalent
• A minimum of 3 years of sales or account experience in insurance industry or employee benefits
• 2 or more years of experience using MS Office personal computer based word processing, spreadsheet, and end user reporting software
• Appropriate Department of Insurance licensure for the assigned region is required or ability to obtain within 45 days of hire
• Ability to undertake regular travel throughout the assigned area
• A valid driver’s license
• Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
• A Bachelors degree
• 3 - 5 years of sales or account executive experience in dental insurance industry
• Strong customer orientation/focus
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong negotiation, influencing and presentation skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong organizational skills
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
This position is responsible for selling UCD dental insurance products to medium to large sized groups. Working throughout an assigned geographic area, the incumbent is responsible for:
- Selling UCD products to potential customers:
• Analyzing and evaluating Request for Proposals (RFPs), coordinating completion and presenting as necessary
• Working with potential customers to effectively explore alternatives and positions to reach mutually beneficial sales agreements
• Engaging in consultative selling by identifying points of negotiation, collaborating to resolve differences, and building support for preferred alternatives
• Leveraging opportunities for cross-selling of non-dental insurance products
• Meet/Exceed sales and profitability goals
- Strengthening and enhancing relationships with Brokers, Consultants, and other distribution channels.
• Providing ongoing education relative to products, networks, benefits, etc.
• Establishing the sales strategy for assigned area in alignment with corporate strategies.
• Generating new ideas, creating competitive advantage and evaluating/selecting strategies
- Coordinating information and activity with UCD personnel:
• Collaborate with Underwriting to address sales challenges and opportunities; developing sales solutions that appropriately consider available facts, constraints, competitive circumstances and probable consequences
• Gathering market insight and competitive information for use by UCD sales support, marketing, and product development personnel
• Maintaining electronic records through a Sales Force Automation or other Contact Relationship Management software.
- Oversight of the account implementation.
• Seeking and taking appropriate actions on customer feedback; resolving difficult issues in a timely and professional manner; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
The Sales Executive II is also responsible for documenting sales, expense and related activity as appropriate.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity