Highmark Health Team Manager, IT in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
I. GENERAL OVERVIEW:
Manages activities of various IT personnel. Makes decisions on personnel actions (promotions, hiring, terminations, etc.) Develops talent, Addresses resource management, cultivates capabilities of staff, planning and coordination of work, and managing performance. Responsible for the oversight of the daily operations. Controls expenses within the operating unit and is responsible for meeting budget goals. Actively involved in the coordination, implementation, problem solving, communication, and training of new technologies and processes, as they are developed and moved into the environment.
II. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides subject-matter direction and guidance to lower-level staff
• Trains, develops, and mentors staff
• Assigns, monitors, and reviews progress and accuracy of work
• Provides technical leadership in first-line resolution of complex technical problems
- Provides Staff Management oversight
• Hires, promotes, separates or makes recommendations regarding same
• Conducts performance reviews and assesses, manages performance
• Engages in skills assessments and promotes professional development of staff
• Assigns tasks, schedules work and establishes priorities
- Adheres to Departmental budgeting and fiscal responsibilities
• Oversees process for recording hours
• Schedules work and assignments to maximize appropriate use of resources
Optimizes the utilization of resources by applying appropriate concepts, technologies and workflows
- Provides deep expertise in assigning and overseeing work of staff. Visualizes, articulates, and solves moderately complex problems/issues
• Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization
• Connects strategy to employee’s job responsibility
• Participates, as necessary, in training and development to remain current in field(s) of expertise.
- Actively participates in project teams
• Manages and tracks project details
Promotes continuous improvement of processes and delivery of results within assigned unit/area. Ensure compliance with corporate [and industry?] standards, policies and regulations (SOX, SSP, DIACAP, PHPLC, etc.)
Provides leadership during periods of transition as the organization changes to respond to business opportunities/challenges, new technologies, legislation and other environmental factors
Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
• *Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Science or comparable major
8+ years’ experience
• Or Master’s Degree +2 years exp.
A Team Manager must also possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Experience with implementing technology changes (Technical background with experience with Cobol, JAVA, SQL, PEGA, IMS, DB2, C,C++)
Ability to manage multiple priorities and adapt to change, multi-task, delegate, meet multiple deadlines, collaborate, lead others, work on a regular and timely basis and work irregular hours, and occasional holidays and weekends.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills to manage employees and interact appropriately with senior management, internal clients, and external customers
• Ability to manage and mentor employees
• Proficient analytical skills and problem solving abilities
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity